Best uvb tube light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mishbenz

Hello, I was just wondering what is the best cheap uvb tube with hood or whatever it’s called and is about 12 inches or below

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Mishbenz":11nl6yvx said:
Hello, I was just wondering what is the best cheap uvb tube with hood or whatever it’s called and is about 12 inches or below

There is no such thing as a good cheap uvb tube. My advise is don't buy them or inflict them on your reptile..

Stick to Zoo Med , Exo Terra and Arcadia brands.

Mishbenz

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":2ck5jqzk said:
Mishbenz":2ck5jqzk said:

There is no such thing as a good cheap uvb tube. My advise is don't buy them or inflict them on your reptile..

Stick to Zoo Med , Exo Terra and Arcadia brands.
i don’t mean cheap as in like $20 but around 80 or so for the light

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You probably don't want one that is less than 12 inches because you'll want to provide a beam that is at least the length of your dragon to allow for even basking. The 22'' T5 is the best fit for most cases. You don't want to go too cheap with the fixture because the cheaper reflectors cut down on output quite a bit. This is a good combination of effectiveness and affordability:

https://www.amazon.com/Sunblaster-904296-NanoTech-Fixture-Reflector/dp/B00AKKUBDQ/
http://www.reptilebasics.com/arcadia-desert-12-uvb/arcadia-d3-12-uvb-t5-bulb-22/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom