How can I improve this set-up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SydneyGaia

Hatchling Member
Hey all. I know that I posted this pic in a thread below, but I have a new question this time -- How can I improve this set-up?

It is a 120 gallon front access tank (Zen Habitats - free shipping and cost effective, check them out). I have two basking spots - 1 with a 150 watt, one with 100 watt. The flourescent is a 24" Arcadia HO 12% T5 and a Carolina Custom reflecting fixture (also a HO T5). I also have a dimming thermostat and temps across it are perfect (double checked with an infrared temp gun daily).

Should I buy a second Arcadia and reflective fixture (same one) for the rest of the cage, or is just being by his main basking spot good enough?

This beardie is just shy of a year right now so I am not hesitant to spend more money to make this enclosure perfect, knowing that I will not need another and it will be a 10+ year investment. I want to get something for him to climb on, but can not find what I am looking for at any shops? Maybe I need to go to the next reptile expo near me??

Thank you!

100764-3657335565.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That seems pretty good to me as it is. I wouldn't get another UVB light. One over the main basking area is enough. It's good to provide them with areas that have little to no UVB as well as high UVB areas so they can choose. They don't always want to bask under high temps or UVB.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
The only thing I would change would be the UVB distance. It seems a little close. An Arcadia 12% is a strong light, it should be between no closer than 12" to the basking area, no more than 18".

SydneyGaia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Gormagon":1n1yhiqf said:
The only thing I would change would be the UVB distance. It seems a little close. An Arcadia 12% is a strong light, it should be between no closer than 12" to the basking area, no more than 18".
Yes it's at 12". Its also not a direct shot on the masking area, but diagonal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom