Set up ready for my new boy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my new baby will be here tomorrow and I finished his set up today. Yes, I DO have an Arcadia fixture with a HO T5 12% on the way this week.

What do y’all think? Testing the basking temps today so it’s in the right place and right temp when he arrives. I found a great twisted log piece that has a nice wide area for him to bask and a carpet that fits perfectly after a little trim. Put a nice flat piece of slate rock for his nails in there too. I’m so excited for him to come, I’m beside myself. It’s been years since Baby passed and I’ve wanted another beardie for a while but was waiting until I got out of the chameleons. Lol. I only have so much room!
67911-8398753246.jpg
67911-9269177974.jpg
And my gorgeous boy who will be here tomorrow...
67911-8952229577.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, set up looks great + the new boy looks like a cool dude. :) It's good to have a big climbing log like that , beardies do love to get up high. My only suggestion would be to get a bigger dome fixture for the heat bulb. Those little ones don't project heat too far out, mostly just concentrated directly below. I prefer the aluminum ones that are about 8-10" wide, sometimes found at Walmart, Home Depot, Agway, Lowe's.

Enjoy your new arrival !

peachypink

Original Poster
AHBD":1zwv0wub said:
Hi there, set up looks great + the new boy looks like a cool dude. :) It's good to have a big climbing log like that , beardies do love to get up high. My only suggestion would be to get a bigger dome fixture for the heat bulb. Those little ones don't project heat too far out, mostly just concentrated directly below. I prefer the aluminum ones that are about 8-10" wide, sometimes found at Walmart, Home Depot, Agway, Lowe's.

Enjoy your new arrival !

Thanks!! It’s good to have a reason to be back on here again.
Yea, I haven’t had a beardie for a while and totally spaced when I grabbed it today. Remembered when I started testing the basking temps. It doesn’t do too bad though but I’ll most likely switch it out.

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
Your new boys setup looks great. I’m sure he will love it. Love the basking log. Hoping to see some new pictures soon.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree that a bigger dome fixture will be good. They are under $10 at a farm store. https://www.farmandhomesupply.com/bayco-10-1-2-brooder-clamp-light.html

I like suspending them above the tank on adjustable stands to make the beam wider and to more easily adjust temps and make the most out of climbing space. If the bulbs get too close to those plastic cross pieces they can melt. I found that covering them with foil under the bulb shields them pretty well. I usually leave the top off anyway (I don't have any other animals in the house) to get the full effect of the lighting.

Birdie

Hey peachy pink,

Just wondering if you got your Arcadia UVB 12% bulb/fixture gmyet and how where you placed it on your set up...? I’m setting up the same enclosure and have one on the way... I just don’t know how/where to mount it. Or whether to set it right on the screen.

Thanks!

peachypink

Original Poster
Birdie":3pa5asbv said:
Hey peachy pink,

Just wondering if you got your Arcadia UVB 12% bulb/fixture gmyet and how where you placed it on your set up...? I’m setting up the same enclosure and have one on the way... I just don’t know how/where to mount it. Or whether to set it right on the screen.

Thanks!

Hey , sorry...I haven’t been able to bo on in a while. Hopefully someone answered your question. But, I have mine on top of the screen. The Arcadia 12% T5 is strong enough to do that. If it was a 10.0 T8 I would have suggested inside and under the screen top.

Nick1993

Birdie":oqqv8hbt said:
Hey peachy pink,

Thanks!

Hey Birdie, I also have the same tank this is how I mounted my Zoo Med Reptisun T5 fixture inside of the terrarium.
103337-2212696569.jpg
103337-6519651259.jpg
103337-8957754639.jpg
103337-1043740404.jpg
103337-3459264259.jpg

Nick1993

Great looking set up Peachy! Might i ask where did you get that awesome tall Log? I also love that carpet! Finally found a nice background that wraps around all the back and sides, just need to order it. Found the perfect measurement to be 70.5in Wide x 16.5in tall if you ever decide to get one. (;

peachypink

Original Poster
Nick1993":3msxqfpv said:
Great looking set up Peachy! Might i ask where did you get that awesome tall Log? I also love that carpet! Finally found a nice background that wraps around all the back and sides, just need to order it. Found the perfect measurement to be 70.5in Wide x 16.5in tall if you ever decide to get one. (;

Thanks!! If I remember right, both the carpet and log are PetCo. The log is actually an aquarium decor log. It works great!

Nick1993

peachypink":2hgsyymr said:
Nick1993":2hgsyymr said:

Thanks!! If I remember right, both the carpet and log are PetCo. The log is actually an aquarium decor log. It works great!

Awesome! Thanks for the info! Also best of luck with your new Beard!:)

peachypink

Original Poster
Nick1993":3rgrpajs said:
peachypink":3rgrpajs said:
Nick1993":3rgrpajs said:

Awesome! Thanks for the info! Also best of luck with your new Beard!:)

Ok, I lied. Lol. I just drove by where I got them and it was actually Petsmart.

I’ve had him for a few months now and he’s growing like a weed!

67911-3687009858.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom