Is this bulb good as the reviews say it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
UVA UVB Mercury Vapor Bulb - 100W Sun Simulating Bulb High Intensity UVA UVB Light Heat Bulb for Reptile and Amphibian Use -> https://www.amazon.com/UVA-UVB-Mercury-Vapor-Bulb/dp/B07BXDVJ61/ref=asc_df_B07BXDVJ61/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=242026098122 <-
I'm currently looking for new heat/light, UVA/UVB bulbs and I came across this as a "All in One", I already have a UVA/UVB Reptisun 10.0 25 or 24" inch fluorescent tube and going to be making a homemade cage in a few months. Since it's going to be a pretty hefty size, is those bulbs actually good? cause i've heard concerns of them going blind and such and i'm really not too sure about this bulb.
Is it worth to get or no? :blob8:

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
"AIICIOO Sun Simulating Bulb" from somewhere in China.

Short answer = no , not worth the risk.

Long answer : no , very cheaply made somewhere in China likely with next to no quality control using substandard quartz glass (will likely leak UVC), and will likely be a false economy as these elcheapo Chinese copies generally don't last long so you end up spending more on replacement globes.

Don't fall into the common trap of buying a budget MVB , there are very good reason while it's about the price of top quality "equivalents".

Stick with Arcadia Reptile , Zoo Med and Exo Terra for your MVB all in one globes , you pay a bit more BUT you also get a well made MVB , with a good UV spectrum , and one that will last.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I have no proof but, I think that these companies have people that work for them, write up reviews on places that sell said product. There can't be that many people that think this junk is that good.

Scion19801

Hatchling Member
What is a bigger tank?. I have 38 watt GE par 38 bulbs from home supply store in both my 4x2x2 tanks. So bigger bulb isn't always needed. Plus mine are on dimmers and still turned down. Basking platforms are 12 inches from bulbs.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
CardinalMordredBD":3pebk7xd said:
Ok, thank you very much! Another question, would you recommend this as a basking bulb? https://www.amazon.com/Philips-456533-PAR38-4000K-Halide/dp/B01B1TWFKQ/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1543599524&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=philips+par38+flood&psc=1
Because I plan on building a bigger cage, a higher wattage is recommended right?

I think it'll be fine PROVIDED the your par38 globe to basking spot distance is right (to give a basking spot at about 40 degC).
Unlike the metal halides produced by Exo Terra (?) this one wont produce UVA or UVB, but I suggest you check this with the manufacturer (there will be tech spec sheet for the globe that should give it's output performance specs on the Philips site).

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Scion19801":2axojxwf said:
What is a bigger tank?. I have 38 watt GE par 38 bulbs from home supply store in both my 4x2x2 tanks. So bigger bulb isn't always needed. Plus mine are on dimmers and still turned down. Basking platforms are 12 inches from bulbs.

Are those GE par38 bulbs halogens ?

Halogens are much hotter than incandescents.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Gormagon":o20gscu4 said:
I have no proof but, I think that these companies have people that work for them, write up reviews on places that sell said product. There can't be that many people that think this junk is that good.

I'm sure this is the case , never trust product reviews (included in advertising on places like Amazon) , nearly always BS.

Tymbrymi

kingofnobbys":3eecfbbc said:
Gormagon":3eecfbbc said:

I'm sure this is the case , never trust product reviews (included in advertising on places like Amazon) , nearly always BS.

www.fakespot.com is your friend for checking Amazon reviews!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Tymbrymi":pien8vqw said:
kingofnobbys":pien8vqw said:
Gormagon":pien8vqw said:

http://www.fakespot.com is your friend for checking Amazon reviews!

Nah , all you need to do it use your eyes and you will see fake reviews on everything , there are no genuine positive reviews on Amazon, bet you never see bad reviews (the bad reviews if they get past the Amazon filter crew , are the real reviews).

Try posting a bad review on a product sold on Amazon …. wont ever go up I bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom