Best substrate for a baby beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varah

Hi there guys so my question is rather depending on opinions but what is the best or safest substrate to use for baby beardies? I am looking towards maybe having tiles but putting newspaper over them so it's easier to clean but will that effect the beardie?. I have been trying to do as much research as I can but quite a few places have gave a list of what to use and what not to use. I appreciate any reccomendations.. Cheers :)

Kaelwizard

Hatchling Member
Tile maybe? I use a exo terra sand mat. I don't like it. Tile is easy to clean. It won't smell like carpet or sand mats would.

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
I started with carpet but did not like the cleaning side. I tossed up between tile and linoleum for his next viv and ended up going with the Lino as I didn’t want to have to remove a tile for cleaning if he pooped and run the risk of some going between the tiles etc making it a bigger clean up.
I’m really really happy with the Lino
It’s easy to clean and wipe up any poop , easy to lay as you only need a craft knife and ruler to cut it , and I think it looks great too ( I chose a sand coloured look one)
101427-2365698810.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom