Exoterra Natural Terrarium question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys - I just picked up an exo terra natural terrarium (the one with doors) and I'm wondering if it's fine to put the domes directly onto the mesh cover with this tank? Because on the box, they have a pic with the lights hanging above the tank. Thank you in advance

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The mesh can handle it but the plastic cross pieces can't. You can cover the plastic with some foil to shield it from the heat. If you don't have other animals in the house you can leave the top off. That's what I do. I have the domes suspended above the tank on adjustable stands either way. That helps to regulate temps by raising/lowering the height of the fixtures.

haleyannette

Original Poster
CooperDragon":25zkktpl said:
The mesh can handle it but the plastic cross pieces can't. You can cover the plastic with some foil to shield it from the heat. If you don't have other animals in the house you can leave the top off. That's what I do. I have the domes suspended above the tank on adjustable stands either way. That helps to regulate temps by raising/lowering the height of the fixtures.

I see... and yeah, I have 5 cats so that wouldn't go down well. ? but what do you use to suspend the domes? A link would be super helpful. Thanks so much!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
If you have cats in the house , you will need a solid timber lid , mesh (even wire mesh) is no obstacle to a determined cat who has lots of time and wants to attack the lizard inside.

BE WARNED.

haleyannette

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":1zvluwbm said:
If you have cats in the house , you will need a solid timber lid , mesh (even wire mesh) is no obstacle to a determined cat who has lots of time and wants to attack the lizard inside.

BE WARNED.
He is kept separate from the cats but thank you so much! ❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom