help with finding a under the cabinet light fixture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heyitsb

Hello everyone, I recently bought a new UVB lamp for my beardie since i learned that the ones I own are not the best for them. I have the reptisun 10.0 UVB fixture! it is T5 22inches and is 24 watt. I read the article here "lighting for newbies" and heard under the cabinet light fixture is good for these and can be found in Walmart for a cheap price. Well, I went and can not find one :( I also came online but can't find any! Please help I am having a difficult time finding one and if you know any, please send the link. Thank you :D

102097-5552560044.jpg
102097-3465118916.jpg

Scion19801

Hatchling Member
Search for sun blaster t5 2ft on amazon. Or go to enclosure forum, look for the new lighting thread and there you'll find a link to the t5 light that I posted.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Great choice on bulb, unfortunately the lighting advice is old on this site and the Walmart fixtures dont work with the best lights. You get what you pay for sort of thing.

Sunblaster fixtures are excellent (i have several) and are bettwen 20 and 40$ on Amazon. Worth the price, but unfortunately not super cheep.

Heyitsb

Original Poster
Taterbug":2v49o9pg said:
Great choice on bulb, unfortunately the lighting advice is old on this site and the Walmart fixtures dont work with the best lights. You get what you pay for sort of thing.

Sunblaster fixtures are excellent (i have several) and are bettwen 20 and 40$ on Amazon. Worth the price, but unfortunately not super cheep.

Thank you for telling me this! do you believe this would be a great choice? And i was also wondering, why are reflectors important?
https://www.amazon.com/Sunblaster-904296-NanoTech-Fixture-Reflector/dp/B00AKKUBDQ/?ref_=nav_ya_signin&

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yep, that's a very good fixture. The high quality reflectors will direct light downward over the basking area that would otherwise be sent upward and wasted. It helps to focus and concentrate the output from the bulb over a specific area.

Heyitsb

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2yvcx9nk said:
Yep, that's a very good fixture. The high quality reflectors will direct light downward over the basking area that would otherwise be sent upward and wasted. It helps to focus and concentrate the output from the bulb over a specific area.

Thank you so much for your help :D Now I need to find a way to hold it in my beardie's tank :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom