Arcadia t5 12% bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilo12

Hey guys, its getting about time to change my beardie's reptisun t5 10.0 and I was thinking about getting a arcadia t5 12%. I know its supposed to be better uvb output but i just wanted to ask those that have the arcadia t5 12% if you saw a dramatic change in your beardies behavior, color, and/or appetite? Did they like it alot more then the reptisun?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The Arcadia D3 12% T5 tube is a very nice & bright tube bulb. I think the color spectrum is
a lot better than the Reptisun & the UVB readings performed better also.
It has been a long time since we used the Reptisun 10 tube so I can't say whether or not our
dragons have done better or not.
I think it's pretty safe to say however, that your dragon would do very well while using them.
We would be happy to take a look over your setup for the placement, etc once you have it
set up in the tank.
I'm sure others will also chime I who have made the changes of the lighting.

Tracie

Lilo12

Original Poster
Thank you for your reply, Tracie. I went ahead and ordered the arcadia and it should arrive in about 2-3 weeks. I ordered it from light your reptiles. Ill make an update when it arrives.

You know you're owned by a beardie when you're excited about getting a light bulb lol

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is terrific! I think your dragon will love it. It should get to you pretty quickly. Todd
does a great job of packaging & shipping it out in a timely manner.
Definitely let us know how things go when you get the new light all setup for him. :D

Tracie

Lilo12

Original Poster
*Update*

The light bulb arrived on friday the 16th, much faster than i was expecting and it was packaged beautifully. The bulb was intact and turned on perfectly. Id definitely recommend light your reptiles for buying bulbs.

My beardie Toph seems to love her new bulb, she pancakes right under it and just seems to be happy while basking. Her colors have improved and so seems her appetite on the days shes awake. Shes going through a very light brumation, sleeping one day or half the day and completely awake the next.

The light is rested on top of the 75 gallon tank (i upgraded her earlier this month and she loves the extra room) about 18 inches from the floor of the tank and about 10 inches from her basking spot. There is no mesh between the light since i leave the top open (i dont have any other animals that would get in there). The light covers the length of the tank but she has 2 areas she can get shade/hide if she wants, and so far hasnt used them unless shes sleeping for the day

I am very happy I bought this bulb for her and would reccomend the arcadia 12% tube to anyone ?

cvel

Hi Guys,

I’m also thinking of getting the T5 Arcadia 12% UVB. But have a question. Currently I have a 120cm long & 60cm high glass Viv with a 120cm double light (UVB10 and normal fluorescent light).

I think the UVB10 is not strong enough to reach the floor 60cm (23 inches). When my beardie basks on log, she will be around 35cm (13 inches).

My question is:
Do I need the T5 12% UVB to avoid MBD and if so, would I get the 120cm (47 inches) or just the 60cm (23 inches)?

OR Do I keep my current double light and just add the 60cm (23 inches) T5?

Ok, that’s more than a question LOL

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
cvel":3onb1lg1 said:
Hi Guys,

I’m also thinking of getting the T5 Arcadia 12% UVB. But have a question. Currently I have a 120cm long & 60cm high glass Viv with a 120cm double light (UVB10 and normal fluorescent light).

I think the UVB10 is not strong enough to reach the floor 60cm (23 inches). When my beardie basks on log, she will be around 35cm (13 inches).

My question is:
Do I need the T5 12% UVB to avoid MBD and if so, would I get the 120cm (47 inches) or just the 60cm (23 inches)?

OR Do I keep my current double light and just add the 60cm (23 inches) T5?

Ok, that’s more than a question LOL

Go for the Arcadia T5HO 14%UVB tube …. think this will give about 200 microW UVB / sq.cm at 35cm from the tube (if you are using a good reflector hood).
It's UVB while basking that prevents MBD.

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
I’m new to this so I’ll just pop what I was told here by very helpful members and other threads I found searching here
The 14% one has only ( as far as I am aware) been tested in really tall vivs thoroughly but a lot of testing has been done of the 12% so you’ll found a lot of info in old threads here on the 12% about uvb at a given distance and 30-35cm is the ideal tube to basking length to reach the 200microW mentioned above :)
The best way someone explained it to me is that they need 200 microW at their basking spot. A t8 at 6”-8” is around that and then it dwindles to low or nothing or next to nothing at the floor of a 60 cm tall Viv. A t5 12% Arcadia is high microW at 6” so too high as basking area for a beardie - way more than the t8s microW amount at same distance. It reaches the 200 microW at 12” so you need basking spot there (30cm from tube)
Then the floor of the viv still has a reasonable amount of uvb unlike the t8 floor amount. Hence why you need areas away from it in the cool end
The recommended length of a t5 is half the length of viv and do not exceed 3/4s the length of viv

I’m going for half the length in my 120cm long viv
And def do not have both ( your t8 and a t5) thats waaay to much uvb

I hope I regugitated the right info forward from the lengthy conversations I was lucky to get teaching me how to do the best for Marlow’s lighting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom