Is my lighting set-up good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorenzo24

Hello everybody! I'm new here, I'm just barely learning the ropes. I've recently purchased my first bearded dragon & it's a baby. I've done a good amount of research but some insight from other beardy owners doesn't hurt :)
The uvb tube, is in a fixture that is somewhat open. Should I purchase a new fixture that focuses it somewhat down instead of everywhere. Bought this at a reptile Expo that I went to yesterday, for $5. Also what should the average humidity for a beardy enclosure be. Thanks guys

PS - The new enclosure will use the same lighting ,as this enclosure is a temporary, that's why it looks a bit odd :p. I'm setting up a new enclosure for him that's better haha Dimensions for the new one L 26" W 18" H 12"
Light used
-Reptisun 10.0 UVB 24" fluorescent Tube - this is 11" high from the bottom of the enclosure
- Exo-Terra Intense basking spot 75W - 11" high from the bottom of the enclosure. Basking spot reaches 110°F
101764-600458589.jpg
101764-7084567090.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, so you just got your new little friend + set up yesterday ? Very exciting, I hope he has a long + healthy life with you. the lighting is good but you need a basking log that will allow him to get up close to the uvb bulb. If the bulb is a t8 [ I think it is ] , you'll be better off to attach the uvb fixture UNDER the screen with some twine or wire. Something like this :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30028/full

That way the uvb is unobstructed by the screen.

BTW, you might as well look for a sale on a much larger tank, a healthy growing beardie will outgrow that one in a couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom