Is my lighting set-up good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorenzo24

Hello everybody! I'm new here, I'm just barely learning the ropes. I've recently purchased my first bearded dragon & it's a baby. I've done a good amount of research but some insight from other beardy owners doesn't hurt :)
The uvb tube, is in a fixture that is somewhat open. Should I purchase a new fixture that focuses it somewhat down instead of everywhere. Bought this at a reptile Expo that I went to yesterday, for $5. Also what should the average humidity for a beardy enclosure be. Thanks guys

PS - The new enclosure will use the same lighting ,as this enclosure is a temporary, that's why it looks a bit odd :p. I'm setting up a new enclosure for him that's better haha Dimensions for the new one L 26" W 18" H 12"
Light used
-Reptisun 10.0 UVB 24" fluorescent Tube - this is 11" high from the bottom of the enclosure
- Exo-Terra Intense basking spot 75W - 11" high from the bottom of the enclosure. Basking spot reaches 110°F
101764-600458589.jpg
101764-7084567090.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, so you just got your new little friend + set up yesterday ? Very exciting, I hope he has a long + healthy life with you. the lighting is good but you need a basking log that will allow him to get up close to the uvb bulb. If the bulb is a t8 [ I think it is ] , you'll be better off to attach the uvb fixture UNDER the screen with some twine or wire. Something like this :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30028/full

That way the uvb is unobstructed by the screen.

BTW, you might as well look for a sale on a much larger tank, a healthy growing beardie will outgrow that one in a couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom