Tiled my tanks, what should I use to seal them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhMyNord

Hey guys, so I changed my tanks to tile today and I've just put them in loose for today as I wanted to know what I should use to stick them in? Should I use grout or should I use an aquarium sealant? Want to make sure it stays mould free and still cleanable :)

RarestDragon

Hatchling Member
I use vinyl tile for my enclosure and I don't seal them in. I have three pieces that fit in almost perfectly and when it comes time to clean everything, I can easily remove them from the tank. As long as there aren't any sharp edges or places for your dragon's toes to get stuck in, you don't really need to seal them. Being able to take them out will make cleanup so much easier.

OhMyNord

Original Poster
Hi thanks for the reply! I have bought smaller tiles, so feel they need to be grouted/sealed. Otherwise I wouldn't mind!

RarestDragon

Hatchling Member
Are you able to fit them into the enclosure tightly enough to not leave gaps but loose enough to take out later? If that's the case then I don't think they need to be sealed. Do you have a picture of the tiles inside the enclosure?

OhMyNord

Original Poster
Yeah they fit quite snuggly together, so that's not too bad! I have to get a couple more packs until it's fully tiled but I'm happy to not grout/seal them :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I dont seal mine either -- they are easier to get out for cleaning underneath-- if they are snug that is good but not to snug to get out

Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom