How many hours do you leave your beardies lights on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
I’ve been reading a lot of conflicting info on how long the lights need to be on for a beardie... some say 12 on 12 off , some say 14 on and 10 off , some 16 on and 8 off...

Marlow is currently on 12 on 12 off
What timing is yours on?

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Jaspersmama":31vp4xgy said:
I’ve been reading a lot of conflicting info on how long the lights need to be on for a beardie... some say 12 on 12 off , some say 14 on and 10 off , some 16 on and 8 off...

Marlow is currently on 12 on 12 off
What timing is yours on?

13-15hours in the summer, 12 once it's close to autumn, and around 9-10ish hours once its winter

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
I leave the lights on for about 14-16 hours in the summer and then when winter comes around it goes down to 12.
Currently, they're on 14 hours but it'll go down to 12 hours very soon since it is getting colder here.

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I have them on 6am till 6pm and even that he struggles with so I think Marlow was on very short hours before coming to me as he takes himself to bed at 5pm most nights and the odd time he doesn’t he is awake barely and looking so tired by that time then sleeps more the next day

I guess I’ll have to gradually changes his hours so I don’t cause too much stress (it’s mid spring here, although you wouldn’t think it with the storm right now haha )

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Jaspersmama":3hjecu08 said:
I have them on 6am till 6pm and even that he struggles with so I think Marlow was on very short hours before coming to me as he takes himself to bed at 5pm most nights and the odd time he doesn’t he is awake barely and looking so tired by that time then sleeps more the next day

I guess I’ll have to gradually changes his hours so I don’t cause too much stress (it’s mid spring here, although you wouldn’t think it with the storm right now haha )

Gradual changes , up by an hour per week sounds like a plan.... you'll find over summer that the dragon will tend to take a siesta mid afternoon , and be back up to bask and watch his zoo afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom