Retrofitting a buffet

Status
Not open for further replies.

moose42

So, we're getting ready to retrofit this into a new vivarium for Opal.
100604-5263469284.jpg

We're going to drastically alter it (like not use those doors, get rid of the drawer, make the top a hinge, etc.), but I'm curious about the dimensions. It's 34.1 inches (H) x 42 inches (W) x 18.4 inches (D). We can adjust the depth to 24 (with a lot more work), but if y'all think it's deep enough, I'd rather not.

Thanks for the input!

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
I would probably keep the drawers for storage, it all looks good. Some of the lighting may be installed up in that area. It’s a great home for your dragon. Love it.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Will work nicely as two (vertically stacked) vivs for a couple juvenile centrals ie
2x 17 inches (H) x 42 inches (W) x 18.4 inches (D)

or as a good viv for a group of Rankins

or as a good viv for a group of geckos.

Is not really deep enough for an adult central bearded dragon , really need at least another 4 - 6 inches in depth.

moose42

Original Poster
Cool beans! I think we're still going to use the materials from this thing, but we'll make some drastic changes!

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
I would keep the drawers. Measure the inside from below the drawers to the bottom shelf. I would probably keep the doors or make sliding doors. They are easier to get to your Beardie and is close enough for him to get in & out when he wants to roam around the house.
Here’s a photo of a nice one that someone retrofitted from a dresser of buffet.
83443-2965846681.jpg

moose42

Original Poster
Terry15":2md5x349 said:
I would keep the drawers. Measure the inside from below the drawers to the bottom shelf. I would probably keep the doors or make sliding doors. They are easier to get to your Beardie and is close enough for him to get in & out when he wants to roam around the house.
Here’s a photo of a nice one that someone retrofitted from a dresser of buffet.
83443-2965846681.jpg

I'm definitely planning on sliding doors, they seem easier to deal with.. Where do you hang the lights if you keep the drawers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom