Beardie hates new tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salmon26

98369-4064268540.jpg
Hi guys I just recently got my bearded dragon a new cage has new decorations new lights new everything. He's been in his new tank for 3 days now and he looks like he absolutely hates it I have the temperatures right on the cool side it's about 78 to 80 degrees on the hot side between 100 and 105 his UVB bulb is new he's got tile not paper towels all the same food but he won't explores new tank at all he just sits in one spot and doesn't move and if I go to take him out he instantly like jumps into my hand like he hates being in there is he just trying to get used to his new home again should I just give him a couple days or do I put him back in his smaller home. I just wanted to give him the best enclosure I could for him and he sure don't like it
98369-6588760135.jpg

Salmon26

Original Poster
QuinnF":2vkl7bro said:
I would give it a few days but definitely add some more decor items.

Do you have any suggestions? I want to put some fake plants in there but that's all I could think of

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
I’m still working on upgrading mine to a larger tank but I would recommend rocks hides logs and in general more things to climb/hide

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
Be careful with fake plants, mine has tried to eat them. I like to go to the beach and find some nice driftwood/rocks. Hose them off and put them in the oven at 400° for an hour them pop em in the tank. I would definitely try something for him to hide in/on though

Salmon26

Original Poster
QuinnF":3sazpqk1 said:
Be careful with fake plants, mine has tried to eat them. I like to go to the beach and find some nice driftwood/rocks. Hose them off and put them in the oven at 400° for an hour them pop em in the tank. I would definitely try something for him to hide in/on though

I live at the beach so I'll see what I can find thank you guys! I'll deffinalty fix it this weekend hopefully he will feel more comfortable

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
It will help if you put in some of his old things that he was used to. We always want to make improvements to make the viv more appealing to us but, these magnificent creatures HATE change. They have a favorite log or rock, just like you have your favorite chair or, shirt. Give it a try!!!!

Salmon26

Original Poster
Gormagon":2djkv3wn said:
It will help if you put in some of his old things that he was used to. We always want to make improvements to make the viv more appealing to us but, these magnificent creatures HATE change. They have a favorite log or rock, just like you have your favorite chair or, shirt. Give it a try!!!!
That's a good idea I feel so bad taking him out of his old home but it was just too small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom