Save money on enclosure & supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I am working on my first viv and wanted to let others know about a great deal I got on my enclosure and supplies.

I bought the Zoo Med 40Gal Breeder kit from Pet Supplies Plus last week for $175. After some of this community's wonderful advice, I realized that I didn't get a great deal on this because a lot of the items in it are not ideal for bearded dragons (despite it being marketed for them :roll: )

So, because Petsmart will accept returns without a receipt, I returned these useless items that were included in the kit:

• ReptiSand® Substrate
  • ReptiSun® 10.0 Compact Fluorescent
  • Combo Deep Dome Dual Lamp Fixture
for $136 store credit. So that means I got the 40-gal breeder enclosure, temp and humidity thermometer, large food and water dishes, basking lamp (bulb) and the "Food sampler pack" (still mostly useless, but might come in handy in some terrible world cricket shortage) for only $40.

I was able to use the store credit to buy a single ceramic dome light fixture for the basking bulb, a terrarium hood light fixture, and the reptisun 10.0 tube lamp.

I just wanted to share in case someone else made the same mistake I did and bought the kit. :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
badfreshly":3bpja6sa said:
Hi! I am working on my first viv and wanted to let others know about a great deal I got on my enclosure and supplies.

I bought the Zoo Med 40Gal Breeder kit from Pet Supplies Plus last week for $175. After some of this community's wonderful advice, I realized that I didn't get a great deal on this because a lot of the items in it are not ideal for bearded dragons (despite it being marketed for them :roll: )

So, because Petsmart will accept returns without a receipt, I returned these useless items that were included in the kit:

• ReptiSand® Substrate
for $136 store credit. So that means I got the 40-gal breeder enclosure, temp and humidity thermometer, large food and water dishes, basking lamp (bulb) and the "Food sampler pack" (still mostly useless, but might come in handy in some terrible world cricket shortage) for only $40.

I was able to use the store credit to buy a single ceramic dome light fixture for the basking bulb, a terrarium hood light fixture, and the reptisun 10.0 tube lamp.

I just wanted to share in case someone else made the same mistake I did and bought the kit. :)

Well played ….

Now mom's the word …. so sh!!!

badfreshly

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":2zh5k8p3 said:
badfreshly":2zh5k8p3 said:

• ReptiSand® Substrate

Well played ….

haha
I say spread the word!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
badfreshly":2lc2e6tw said:
kingofnobbys":2lc2e6tw said:
badfreshly":2lc2e6tw said:

• ReptiSand® Substrate

Well played ….

haha
I say spread the word!

Trouble with that is it wont take long for the BOD of all the petshop chains to wise up and demand individual receipts for EVERY item , then the jigs up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom