Switching To Reptisun 10.0 HO T5 what is the correct istance

Status
Not open for further replies.

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
All my lizards have always had the Reptisun 10.0 tubes....first was T12...then T8. Now (in Canada) T8s are being phased out and are no longer readily available. With my T8s they are at a distance of 6 inches on top of the screen top. I am now getting T5s using a Sun Blaster ballast which is mountable. If I place this on top of the screen should my distance remain the same. I could also potentially mount to the inside of the vivs. What should the distance be then....10 inches or 12 inches from basking. 2 vivs are 75 gallon...one is custom 2ft H by 18in W by 36ft L and the other is a 40 gallon breeder.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The T5 will be a very nice upgrade. If it's shining through a mesh top I'd mount it about 10-12'' above the main basking area. The amount intercepted depends on how fine the mesh is though. If you mount it inside the tank, 12-14'' is about right. You can have some areas (branches etc) allow closer access but you also want some shade areas away from the bulb too so you have a nice gradient to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom