New home please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
93605-5825988161.jpg
I'm wondering if two 18" uvb lights is to much for my 75gallon tank. I just feel like there wasn't enough light. I tried to give her more moving space and versatility from the 50gal she was in. She's happy and healthy just wanna make sure the tank is ok.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Are they T8 10%UVB tubes or T5HO 10%UVB (or 12%UVB) tubes ?
are the hoods reflector hoods ?
are they sitting ontop a mesh lid (can't see in the photo) ? ….. will be blocking about 45% the UV
are they sitting ontop a glass lid (can't see In the photo) ? …. will be blocking virtually all the UV

I suggest moving the 18" hoods so that :
1) they are under the lid
2) positioned end to end
3) have one end close as possible to overtop the basking spot

Fullofquestions

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":1iziybcd said:
are they sitting ontop a mesh lid (can't see in the photo) ? ….. will be blocking about 45% the UV
are they sitting ontop a glass lid (can't see In the photo) ? …. will be blocking virtually all the UV

2) positioned end to end

I removed both plastic shields that come on both lights, the reflective hoods are still in there. They are t8 bulbs. There's no lid there just sitting in the top.

Fullofquestions

Original Poster
Fullofquestions":ki2m39i4 said:
kingofnobbys":ki2m39i4 said:

2) positioned end to end

I removed both plastic shields that come on both lights, the reflective hoods are still in there. They are t8 bulbs. There's no lid there just sitting in the top.
I posted a picture of the new house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom