Clawing at UVB light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtthwvlz

Hey everyone, so Frenchie has been doing this for the longest time now, he always is running along the back side of his tank. Its almost as if hes chasing his reflection but he also like to claw at the uvb light. The light was just replaced about a week ago, and he has not been wanting to eat his dubia roaches, although he goes right for supers (second time having supers since 7 months). Heres him in the act.
97944-1377645284.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Which tube UVB brand are you using?
He maybe clawing at the light because of the placement of the light.
I would recommend moving the tube bulb to an overhead position so it's easier on
his eyes & it is directed downward onto him more efficiently.
What type of basking light are you using? Be sure that the tube bulb is placed beside
the basking light also.

Tracie

mtthwvlz

Original Poster
I'm using a reptisun t8, and I believe my basking bulb is a 50 or 75w zoomed basking bulb. And it's difficult for an overhead placement because its gotta be 6-8 inches from him right?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
He's curious about …. I get the same thing from Fluffy when I have her out for fun time (to interact and crawl all over and I sometime handfeed her some wormy treats (she LOVES mealworm lavae and pupae), when I am handfeeding her I use a headtorch and she's very curious the sun shining out of my forehead LOL).

My Puff in particular used to be obsessed with the reflector dome holding his 26W UVB200 and had it suspended pendulum style under the lid of his rearing tank , would "play" tappies and nose bumpies with it for ages each day.

If beardie can reach the light it's too close , good idea to invest in T5HO 12%UVB tube and matching proper reflector hood and mount these under the lid 12" from the basking spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom