Rate my setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a picture of my new setup that I just moved Ash into. It is a 50 gallon National Geographic reptile sanctuary (Got on sale at Petsmart for $125!!!), a few decorations, food bowl with juvinile BD pellets, water bowl, 75W basking light inside Flukers mini sun dome, Zilla desert 50 T8 fixture with clear plastic removed, household 60W energy saver light bulb (to light tank and prevent UVB eye damage),2 digital thermometers (one isn’t in yet), and paper towels as substrate. Using the styrofoam that came with the enclosure as a background until I can get a proper background at a pet store. Her basking temps stay at around 100-105 degrees and the cool side hovers just above room tempurature. I have smart plugs setup to turn everything on at 6:30 and turn everything off at 8:30. She is eating well at about 6-8 MEDIUM Dubia’s a day. Please inform me if I am missing something or doing anything wrong.

100349-7877525119_small.jpg

100349-9069729931_small.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a good deal on a tank that size. The T8 won't be strong enough at that distance, especially going through a mesh top. I suggest replacing it with a good T5 like this one http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/22-t-5-ho-fixture-high-output-with-arcadia-d3-12-ho-bulb/

Over time you may want to add some different levels and climbing areas using branches, driftwood, or other furniture you build. You can get creative with it. Just offer options that allow climbing and hiding.

I also suggest moving the temperature probe onto the rock so it's reading the surface temp at the basking site and adjust the lighting based on that reading. It can be a bit off to the side. You can also pick up an IR temp gun to spot check surface temps more easily. https://www.amazon.com/Nubee-Temperature-Non-contact-Infrared-Thermometer/dp/B00CVHIJDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom