Help needed pls :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darksarah001

Hi, I know you have info about lighting on your site, but I am really confused :) I have a vivexotic 4'x2'x2' enclosure. It came with repti
glo 10.0 and 2.0 flourescent strip lights, one was white, and the other is blue, and a basking bulb. I read that repti glo were bad, so I
bought arcadia 12.0 + d3. Is it ok to use the reptiglo 10.0 ( blue one )with the arcadia ight, or should I take it out. Also the basking
bulbs keep breaking, so I baught an arcadia mvb bulb. Using the mvb without the flourescents the viv is really dark, should I go back to using
basking spotlight?
Do u need flourescents with mvb bulb? As you can see I am confused :)
Could you pls advise me on what to keep. Thnx Sarah

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
1) get rid of the blue tube .
2) set up lighting to achieve proper thermal and uv gradients , see this : viewtopic.php?f=34&t=235611

Best options
domestic par38 incandescent or halogen spot globe in a ceramic e27 socket (heat & light) + t5ho 12%UVB tube in a reflector hood ( 0.5 to 0.7x length of tank )
or
mvb globe in a ceramic e27 socket (heat & light & UVA & UVB at basking spot) + t5ho 12%UVB tube in a reflector hood ( 0.5 to 0.7x length of tank )

darksarah001

Original Poster
Thankyou for the info :) I took the blue light out and he seems very happy, must have been getting a headache, poor thing. Will be investing in a halogen light I think aswell. The temps were ok, 100 degrees basking spot, 84 cool end, was just too much going on in there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom