Can anyone recommend a decent humidifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arirang

Hello, all!

I'm looking for a decent, high-output vivarium humidifier. No, this isn't for my beardie- it's for my hermit crabs. Sometimes, spritzing just isn't enough during the day. I figured I would ask here since there are no good active crabber forums, and I figure someone here has a pet that needs high humidity.

I look at the ZooMed ReptiFog and the reviews it got were abysmal, especially considering its high price-point. I intend to change substrates a bit at my next bedding change, but would like a technological upgrade. Here are my criteria:

Cheap

High-capacity (able to keep 80% humidity for at least nine hours)

Long-lasting

Preferably available at one of the major brick-and-mortar retailers as I do not shop online (If anyone knows something that PetSmart carries, that'd be best because of my employee discount- My store only carries ReptiFog.)

Compact size- this and long-lasting are the highest criteria.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I use a crane humidifier, the one that looks like an elephant. The outlet hole, with the cap off, fits a 1.5” diameter hose snugly. The switch on this model doesn’t reset when it’s powered off so you could run it off a timer or an on/off humidistat. The base is pretty easy to clean and the tank is big enough that it lasts a while. For me a couple days to a week depending on time of year. If you run it full blast constantly it lasts about 8hr, much longer at lower settings or intermittently.

https://www.google.com/amp/skies-of-salt.tumblr.com/post/169099466823/reptile-fogger-hack-crane-elephant-humidifier/amp

Arirang

Original Poster
That's actually a really cute idea... I'll see if I can get one of those at Bed, Bath & Beyond or something. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom