Does anyone have any experience with basking bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Hi guys im about to test diferent bulbs and wattages i was just wondering if a 100 watt zoomed basking bulb is more intense then a 100 watt regular flood light?the problem im having is on the hot end of the enclosure is 94 and the temps on hes branch are 95 to 103 so my beardie basks half a day on top and half day on the bottom and not getting the benefits of the flourescent uvb i was just curious if thebasking bulbs puts out more heat?before i remove bulbs im going to try putting a vent on the hot side like on the right maybe ill help cool down the floor so he goes on top more lol
97755-4703527633.jpg
i also ordered some screen vents to help circulate the enclosure better i dont think this vents ventilate well the temps on the cool end are 80 tho.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I never use the intense basking bulbs since they only direct heat to one small area, I've always gotten flood lamps or other Walmart / Lowe's household bulbs. As for his basking preferences, that sounds fine. They move around to get what they need.

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
guys and gals i did some testing on different types of bulbs i tested with a 100 watt zoo med basking bulb on a tile i get good temps about 103 in the middle and all around the tile very good i also tested a 80watt/120 equivalent halogen those run way hotter on the same temp on thermostat i was getting 114 so i would have to lower the thermostat to get the same as the zoo med i also tried a 100 watt br40 flood light that's also very good gives me the same temps as the zoo med on a wider area if i had a larger basking area other then the tile and finally the 65 watt sylvania that would be the bare minimum to keep temps it runs at 100 percent so if the room falls below a few degrees it would't keep up right now the zoo med i like the best it gives a good gradient on the tile if i had a bigger basking area i would go with the br 40 or the 80 watt halogen. The zoo med once the temps get up there it only runs at 35 percent i was trying to get more light so the 75 watt zoo med basking light should do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom