Where Do You Guys Get Big Logs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roovin

I currently have a 4x2x2 that I built myself and am looking for a bigger log to place inside.

Where do you guys get big logs that can take up the majority of a 4x2x2 enclosure?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Outside, normally around lots of areas with trees.

I always make sure to only collect wood that doesn't have anything such as sap coming off of it.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
I Get them from outside (put it in the oven at 350-400* to sanitize it) or buy them from amazon or a reptile expo. Or a Pet shop.

-HippieLizards.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I just pulled one out of the river last weekend. Big wide piece of driftwood. Cleaned it off and once I figure out how I want to cut it up I'll bake it to sanitize it as described in the earlier posts.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Outside. Mine are too big to fit in the oven, so I don’t bake them. But be prepared for bugs to hatch out if you don’t.

Collect from clean areas away from roadways, agricultural land and waterways. These can be sources if chemical contaminants and such. Avoid spongy, punky or decaying wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom