Exoterra log cleaning advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra213

So my guy keeps deficating on his log, and I'm worried with all the bark nooks and crannies it won't get fully clean. Now if it was a rock I'd put it in some boiling water for a long disinfecting soak, but because its wood I'm worried that'll destroy it. Any advice for cleaning? I want to try and save it because sentimental value, but if it can't be then that's life.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is this one of those half log habba huts? I wipe mine down and rinse it and then bake it in the oven on low (~250) for about 30 minutes most of the time to sanitize it. Sometimes I'll just spray it down with F10 and let it dry. I do the same for my driftwood pieces.

Terra213

Original Poster
Yea it is one of those hollowed out half logs. That's great that it can be heated safely, but I've never heard of F10 before. What sort of cleaner is it? I've been looking for a safer alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom