Chemical question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra213

So I want to have my little guy swim around in the tub in my apartment, the sink in my kitchen is just too shallow and he constantly tries to jump out. I scrubbed out my tub and cleaned it better than what it was when I moved in and rinsed that sucker as well as I could with hot water. However, I'm worried about possible residue still being left over and I'm not sure if my cleaner is beardie safe. What do you guys use that's effective yet safe? Or am I going about this the wrong way and should I just get a plastic storage tub for him to swim around in?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I like to clean with plain vinegar and water when I'm cleaning dragon stuff. I don't use a bathtub for their baths though. I've found that a turkey roasting pan is just about the right size, is portable, and easy to dump out and clean.

Terra213

Original Poster
Do you dilute the vinegar or do you use it straight from the bottle? And that's not a bad idea, especially when he starts liking his baths more. Sometimes I put him in there and he has the grandest time, other times its a fight just to keep him in the sink

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I split it about (roughly) 50/50 with water. I try to make it strong enough so solid stuck on bits come off easily after a couple of minutes contact time.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, vinegar is great for cleaning if it's strong enough & wont leave toxic fumes like the
other harsh cleaners like bleach.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom