Where should I place my UVB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAnaBooo

Hatchling Member
I want to use the Arcadia t5 tube but I was wondering if the UVB would be okay to mount under the mesh on one side of the tank instead of in the middle. The basking light wouldn't be too far off.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
The UVB should be behind, next to or in front of the basking bulb. The UVB bulb should stretch far enough to at least reach the middle of the tank.

What percentage of UVB is it and how tall is the tank? If its a 12% you could probably mount it inside but if its a 14% and the tank is only 18" tall then it would be too much.

xAnaBooo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
VenusAndSaturn":1mz63dsj said:
The UVB should be behind, next to or in front of the basking bulb. The UVB bulb should stretch far enough to at least reach the middle of the tank.

What percentage of UVB is it and how tall is the tank? If its a 12% you could probably mount it inside but if its a 14% and the tank is only 18" tall then it would be too much.

12%. The tank is 18". It's 36" long, I was planning on getting a 34" long tube, unless thats unnecessary?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Honestly you'll need a bigger tank anyway once the beardie reaches 12 months of age so you might as well go with a 34" so it'll at least go over half of the 75-120 gallon enclosure (48x18x20 and 48x24x24 basically). Of course the bigger minimum would be better but a 75 gallon does work. 40's, 50's and 55's are too small for sub-adult and adult beardies.

xAnaBooo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
VenusAndSaturn":3cj389in said:
Honestly you'll need a bigger tank anyway once the beardie reaches 12 months of age so you might as well go with a 34" so it'll at least go over half of the 75-120 gallon enclosure (48x18x20 and 48x24x24 basically). Of course the bigger minimum would be better but a 75 gallon does work. 40's, 50's and 55's are too small for sub-adult and adult beardies.

I see. I'll keep that in mind. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom