Ceramic heat lamp melted??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzzt5

So I've had a 150w ceramic heat lamp to keep my enclosure temps up at night and when it's colder than normal. I've had it for about a year and plugged it into the zilla temperature regulator that turns it off when the probe reached a certain temp. Today I noticed that the lamp was cold even though the temp regulator said it should be on. I unplugged it and tried plugging it directly into the outlet and a spark flew out. I unscrewed the bulb and the part that screws into the lamp is black and melted. Any ideas as to what caused this?

Also the bulb was plugged into a dome fixture I got from Petco and it's max watt is 150.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds like it malfunctioned for some reason. I'm not sure what caused the melting. Did the bulb come in contact with any plastic? They get very hot and can easily melt plastic if it comes in contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom