Mounting UVB HOOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

zxBadWolf

I have a 125 gallon tank and I have two UVB hoods on top and find it's a total hassle to move them non stop to take my beardie out as I like to hold her ALOT lol
My question is, do any of you know of a way I can mount the hoods to the screen mesh I have (metal btw) or did I just buy these horribly expensive hoods for nothing ? I know you can install lights inside on the glass but I already bought the hoods so I don't want to waist them.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Depending on the hood you might be able to wire it to the under side of the mesh top. If you want to keep it on the outside you could build a grow light stand to hang it from so it stays above the tank.

zxBadWolf

Original Poster
CooperDragon":ii4018sq said:
Depending on the hood you might be able to wire it to the under side of the mesh top. If you want to keep it on the outside you could build a grow light stand to hang it from so it stays above the tank.

How would I do that safely? It’s a Zilla hood 36in and the bulb is a 10t8 where I have hem now in a make shift thing it only gets like half th tank due to it being kind or tilted but I will see if I can wire it to the Caine. That would be much easier and more efficient. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom