Heating Pad on the side of the Tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahMr98

I recently got a baby bearded dragon and I’m trying to figure out how to keep him warm at night. Most places say “most houses don’t get below 65 Fahrenheit at night “ and then move on, only problem is MY house does get below 65. Unfortunately I don’t control the thermostat because I live at home. I have a ceramic heater already but it’s only a 60w and I’m concerned it won’t be enough heat. Could I stick a heating pad on the side of the tank or is that not necessary? Maybe just get a stronger ceramic heater? Just want a happy and health bearded dragon!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
A heating pad will do nothing on the side of a tank, don't waste your money. Try the 60 watt CHE, if you need to you can get a 100 but I think the 60 should be fine + you can cover part of the tank with a heavy towel to keep more heat in. Your baby should be fine. :)

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
A 60 watt CHE should be enough, I use a 50 watt CHE as a second heat source that I turn on at night for my leopard gecko and sometimes that gets way too hot.. you'll just have to try it and test the temperatures.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I agree, waste of time sticking a heat pad to the side of the glass tank.

I live in the subtropics so it never gets cold enough in my house warrant using a CHE overnight, my skinks and dragons each have a 7W heat pad in their tubs or vivs , set up as shown here : viewtopic.php?f=75&t=224976&p=1746469&hilit=safe+way+to+use+heatpads#p1746469 , the basic thermostat protects against failure of the heatpad (especially overheating) , essentially if the heatpad gets too warm the thermostat cuts the current and forces it to cool down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom