New Enclosure, neee help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonXtacy

Hey all!

I recently got a new enclosure for my little buddy. It's a 40g at 36Lx16Hx18W, will be getting him a 75G eventually :). He is close to 6 Months old now!

I have a T5 24inch reptisun for his UVB, 50w halogen bulb for basking which is on a dimmer. His basking surface is currently at 100 degrees. Just below his basking site, the temperature is reading at 85 degrees with the laser gun. His cool side is reading at 77 degrees and in the middle it's reading at 80(this is my concern)

Do you guys think I should buy another heat lamp? I dont think his gradient is that great? What would you guys recommend :)?

Also, I've noticed that he hasn't been digesting his BSFL properly, there are still some in his poop that wasn't digested :(. Could this happen because of my setup?

Any tips, changes you fine people recommend :)? Thank you for reading

**Edit: here is a link to images of his setup!

Setup https://imgur.com/a/k5eXB

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That all looks good. I don't think it's an issue with his setup. Since you have a dimmer you might be able to try a slightly more powerful basking light and see about surface temps 105-110 but at 100 it's not likely to cause any issues and he may wind up preferring it that way. The undigested worms are probably because he didn't chew them well enough. Sometimes they go to town on those little worms and swallow them whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom