Second Enclosure Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you may have seen a post I made a few days ago about my bearded dragon going slightly mad during the day. Having ruled out all possible other issues (lighting, heating, reflection etc.) I have come to the conclusion that she just wants to come out and sit in the Sun. In my room I have patio doors which put little rectangular patches of Sun on the floor and all she wants to do is sunbathe in them.

I'm quite happy with this as it keeps her happy and calm and then in the evening when the Sun goes down she happily goes back in her viv and settles for the evening. My worry is that outside of her viv she doesn't have any uvb or heating currently. So at the moment I can only let her out for so long before I need to put her back in. I am looking for some pointers on setting up a second enclosure for her. I am looking at getting some plastic pannels to close off an area for her by the doors that she can stay in but want to set up a basking area for her so she's not missing out on heat or UVB. Any advice for setting up a second area outside of a viv?

Any help appreciated.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How long are you wanting to keep her outside of her normal tank, a couple of hours?
We have used PVC pipe to build a stand to hang a mercury vapor bulb over ours, when
they free roam. You could build one of those & purchase a mercury vapor bulb, so
you would have to necessarily build another tank. If you wanted to do a small enclosure,
then you could make some type of corral playpen like you would do to keep a baby inside
of a specific area. Or, even those larger play pens for dogs that you can use to take them
outside with, those are pretty neat.

Tracie

sparkybeardyandme

Original Poster
I think it will be a couple of hours or more. Basically as soon as the Sun comes up and she's warm and had her breakfast, she's on the move lol. I have been looking at the puppy paneling to give her an area to run around if she wants to, but for the most part she just sits and basks in the Sun.

I do allow her to run around my room as well, but I can't keep my door shut at all times so want her to still be able to move around, but in a more contained area. Thanks for the advice I have been having a little look at the mercury vapor bulbs and think that's probably the road I will go down. Thanks for your help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom