Cleaning enclosure and feeder cage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a couple of people say they will clean their tank with a diluted vinegar/water mixture and 1/10th bleach mixture, but I was wondering are there any soaps out there that anyone recommends, especially for cleaning out kritter keepers and food dishes? I'm a pretty clean person and I just can't bring myself to believe a vinegar and water mix will clean out that nasty kritter keeper with all the cricket poop in it. ? Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I use about a 50/50(ish) vinegar and water mixture in a spray bottle. The vinegar does a really nice job of loosening up solid bits (cricket poop in this case) if you let it sit for a few min. Then wipe it down with paper towel to get it clean and once the surface is clean you can use a steam cleaner or spray some F10 to sanitize it. If you want to use a soap I'd use a mild dish soap or unscented natural soap like dr bronner's baby mild (which is what I use in baths when my dragon gets dirty).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom