Arcadia D3 12%

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJinPgh

Hi everyone.
I am needing to order new UVBs for my dragons. Typically I order Reptisun 10.0 T8 tubes from Amazon. Have not had any issues with them so far as I know (I don't have a light meter or anything to really test it).

I see a lot of people suggesting the Arcadia D3 12% tubes. I found this while searching for them. Not much info from this site so, not sure if they are correct or not. Great price if they are, though.

http://www.reptilebasics.com/arcadia-desert-12-uvb/arcadia-d3-12-uvb-t8-bulb-24/

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The Arcadia and ReptiSun bulbs are pretty comparable (and high quality). If you get the same size then they should be interchangeable within the same fixture if you wish to use the other brand. The big difference comes when you move from a T8 to a T5 (which would require a new T5 fixture as well). The output and effective distance is greater with a T5. T8 is pretty much the same between brands though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom