Floor tile as substrate question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ategels

I have find some nice rough texture floor tile however the backing has adhesive. My idea was to take another tile and stick it to the other side making a double sided tile and use that hence eliminating the adhesive part.

From what I've read the main concern with adhesive is toxicity. I have had this setup in the house (not in tank yet) and smelled nothing, even heated it up with a hairdryer just to see and still nothing smells. Also can it really be that much worse than the glue used to hold his tank together?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't know that toxicity is a concern. It's just tougher to clean the tank if the tiles are stuck down. It's good to be able to lift them out to bake them and clean the tank along the sides and underneath. Double siding the tiles might work. Probably worth a shot given the relatively low cost of ceramic tiles. If it doesn't work the way you expect, you can try a different option. My tiles came in a 6 pack box and I had them trimmed down to size at the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom