New Beardie, lights stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidvet

We bought my son a bearded dragon for Christmas and the top screen slid out of his hands and hit the window, and both the heating lamps stopped working...is this common?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, they blow out very easily. You can get halogen bulbs [ like par 38 ] or other type, about 50-75 watts ] from Walmart or Home Depot . Can you post pics of your set up ? Some pet stores sell unnecessary or inadequate bulbs , esp. the uvb. Here's how to post pics :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you tell if it's the bulbs that are broken or if the fixtures are damaged? As AHBD mentioned the bulbs can break/fail pretty easily so using a halogen flood light for basking is a good way to go. I've found them to be a bit more durable than the reptile specific lamps. Try the fixture with a regular household bulb just to make sure it's still functional so you know if you need a new bulb or a new fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom