New Beardie, lights stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidvet

We bought my son a bearded dragon for Christmas and the top screen slid out of his hands and hit the window, and both the heating lamps stopped working...is this common?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, they blow out very easily. You can get halogen bulbs [ like par 38 ] or other type, about 50-75 watts ] from Walmart or Home Depot . Can you post pics of your set up ? Some pet stores sell unnecessary or inadequate bulbs , esp. the uvb. Here's how to post pics :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you tell if it's the bulbs that are broken or if the fixtures are damaged? As AHBD mentioned the bulbs can break/fail pretty easily so using a halogen flood light for basking is a good way to go. I've found them to be a bit more durable than the reptile specific lamps. Try the fixture with a regular household bulb just to make sure it's still functional so you know if you need a new bulb or a new fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom