Tiles won't fit in Exo Terra Tank (36 x 18 x18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

babyatti

I have a nearly 8 months old dragon in this tank and I'm struggling with the tiles. I bought some flooring tiles from Home Depot and unfortunately they all overlap and don't fit by like an inch or two on each other. Any tips, better substrate ideas, or any one know if Home Depot cuts tiles? Thanks !

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I got my tiles at Lowe's and they cut them to size for me. I bought a 6 pack and had them cut into 18x18'' squares so they sit 2 side by side and it works well. If you don't want to use tile I'd go with something like shelf liner that is easy to clean up or replace as needed.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My guys haven't had a problem with it. You do want to avoid glazed/glossy tiles. If I run my finger along the tile there is a little bit of friction/slight roughness to them like raw ceramic. I've also found that they like having some fleece put down (especially near the hide) to provide some relief from the hard surface and to allow them to dig/burrow. My guy like to burrow into fleece blankets to sleep. The fleece isn't looped so it won't catch on nails and it's easy to wash in the washing machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom