Red light during the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy123

Are red lights okay for beardies during the day? I have a ceramic heat emitter at for at night but my room is really cold so I have to use both the lights in a dual dome to keep the tank warm. One of the lights is a red light that I keep on only during the day, is this okay or should I switch it to a normal white light?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
You should switch to a normal bright light, they can see red so it makes everything distorted for them and can damage their eyes. Basically you dont want colored lights, that being red, purple, black or blue.

Personally I have one 50 watt for making the basking spot bright and then a 100 watt CHE to really put off most of the heat to get the basking spot correct.

Rudy123

Original Poster
The lights are super bright now. Should I get another ceramic heat emitter instead so it’s not too bright?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Rudy123":72eh03bc said:
The lights are super bright now. Should I get another ceramic heat emitter instead so it’s not too bright?
Bright is better for them, makes them more active and, better appetites.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Think of it like trying to replicate bright mid day sunlight over the basking area (heat, bright visible light, and UVB) and providing areas of shade to hide from the light if they wish (cool side, hides, etc). Bright light is good as long as there is an area away from it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom