Bearded dragon viv size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scewae79

Hi, is 15” height too narrow for a viv? The whole dimensions are 47” long 18” deep and 15” tall. Thank you.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
it’s passable, but for the best environment its both too short and too narrow. Bearded dragons are semi-arboreal and providing vertical space with climbing furniture is a great way to provide enrichment and exercise.

Scewae79

Original Poster
Thank you, I too thought it would be, however most advertised vivs aren’t much bigger than the dimensions I gave.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I think a lot of that has to do with shipping and manufacturing costs which increase quite a bit with size. Once you get above about 36x18x18'' you start getting into custom builds either special order or make your own (which is probably most cost effective). The more space you can provide the better. It allows for more options in terms of lighting/heat and terrain.

Scewae79

Original Poster
Thank you, I have a very solid toy unit that I could turn into a viv which would give me a height of 30 “ 47” length and 18” depth is that better?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah that would be pretty good. I would browse through the DIY and Enclosures section for some examples of repurposing furniture into a viv. A lot of folks have had good success doing that.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Yep! Cooper is spot on, commercial vivs start getting rediculously pricey at large sizes. Unfortunately the pet industry doesn’t really cater well to the needs of the animals it also sells :/

Good luck with your build! DIY is the way imo. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom