Beardie tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

gstull

So My young bearded dragon passed away last night. Since I got it he has never really ate a lot, never really moved a lot. I think there was something wrong with him from day one. I am posting my tank picture and would welcome any advice to make sure that I am doing the setup right. My tank is 20" tall, I have a 150 watt heat bulb and a 13 watt 150 uvb coil bulb, the heat at the top of the basking log is around 103 degrees and the bottom of the tank is around 90. The cool spot is around 70 degrees. What did I do wrong? Any advice?
96093-2678423012.jpg

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Uvb light is wrong, most likely one of the reasons of him not eating. Coil bulbs cause blindness and on top of that dont produce enough uvb and the beardie needs to be able to get within 4-6 inches of coil or compact bulb with no screen in the way to even have it be useful.
The only suitable uvb bulb is the arcaida or reptisun T5 HO 10.0 tube lights.

Also the way your monitoring temps (if your using that stick on thing) is wrong. Those stick on or plastic cheap stuff doesnt give you correct temperatures. You'd need either a temperature gun or a temperature digital gauge with a probe.

gstull

Original Poster
Thank you for the info. Does everything else look ok? I use a digital temp Guage. How's the actual tank?

gstull

Original Poster
The length is 36" not sure about the depth. I'm investigating the reptisun hood uvb for my next one.

gstull

Original Poster
I guess one question I have is if I get the long bulb uvb hood, is there still room for the heat lamp?

CaseyTom

VenusAndSaturn":2v6qrtv0 said:
Make sure you research more. And clean out the whole tank very good. Probably a bleach and water solution or vinegar and water solution would work.

https://ashlynrhawkey.wixsite.com/beardeddragoninfo
Isnt the best and theres more info on here than there but it has a good feeding schedule area and more about the diet somewhat.

Thank you for sharing that website - I like very basic instructions especially with my family's new friend until I learn even more & can navigate works best for our Astrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom