Water fountain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenandWen

I have a bearded dragon named Henry, and he does not drink water from a water sprayer or his water dish. I give him baths and spray him every once in a while to hydrate him, being careful of the humidity. I have been wondering if he will drink running water, and I bought a water fountain to set up once he is finished brumating. I don't think it will rise his humidity, will it? It is not in any way a fogger. Thanks for reading, please reply. :D

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
I once tried a water fountain, my beardies did actually like it since they could see the running water (they cant see standing water). However it flooded their tank so now i just use the bowl for water for my dog or my tegu.

I suggest seeing how it runs outside the tank.

And it could also up the humidity, just make sure it stays within 20-50%.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
I would watch out for humidity. Honestly, I don't really like it, as it isn't 'natural' - these guys are from the Australian desert - you're not going to find a ton of waterfalls out there.

I also noticed you have a stick on thermometer/ humidity gauge - sorry, but those things are worthless.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
If you cage is big enough and you are willing to keep it clean then go for it. My problem with fountains is theya re kinda hard to keep from getting gross and in a smaller tank (40b) I wouldn’t be willing to give up the flood space.

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
i had a 5 gallon pool in my beardies tank with flowing water over some large rocks i jack hammered to fit into the corrner. the pool was full fiber glass i molded into the tank. my beardie would swim a bit and liked to pop her self underwater when she was a bit younger, she would drink from the flowing was but also choose to poop there as well. i would need to drain/clean the pool nearly every day. i placed an inline filter after the pump but it wasnt long before she preferred to be out of her tank and running around the house. these days she will sit in the shower or sink, laying down over the drain to make a pool and then swimming around as it drains before repeating the process. she will drink from this once every few months but most of her water comes from food or soaking and she also poo's in the bath nearly exclusively these days, to the point she has walked to the bathroom and climbed into the tub to poop and then climbed back out to run around again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom