Viv lighting and design tips wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switching from a 30 gal to a 50 gal, currently have the reptisun t5 5.0, what would be the best light for a 50 gal? How should I ideally set the Viv up? How far from the UVB should he be? What all should it include? Design ideas? Thanks! :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, the t5 should be mounted inside since it's a 5.0 [ the only exception would be if the screen had large holes instead of small and the light could be within 7-8" of the dragon ] So mounting under the screen with wire like this :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30028/full
The the next time you order a new bulb you can get the t5 10.0 + put it on top of the screen.

For cage decor I've picked up beautiful half logs + driftwood outside that can fit in my oven, then preheated to 250 + baked for 60-75 minutes depending on wood thickness. Yu can also get nice large basking rocks, those you can just wash with hot , soapy water + rinsed. If you prefer, just get the cage decor at the store [ skip hammocks ] but I like my natural logs from outdoors and what a bonus when they're free.

Remysbiggestfan

Original Poster
AHBD":2fzyuscn said:
Hi there, the t5 should be mounted inside since it's a 5.0 [ the only exception would be if the screen had large holes instead of small and the light could be within 7-8" of the dragon ] So mounting under the screen with wire like this :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30028/full
The the next time you order a new bulb you can get the t5 10.0 + put it on top of the screen.

For cage decor I've picked up beautiful half logs + driftwood outside that can fit in my oven, then preheated to 250 + baked for 60-75 minutes depending on wood thickness. Yu can also get nice large basking rocks, those you can just wash with hot , soapy water + rinsed. If you prefer, just get the cage decor at the store [ skip hammocks ] but I like my natural logs from outdoors and what a bonus when they're free.

Thanks! Why skip hammocks?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Usually hammocks arent really gonna be used that often and from what ive seen they dont support the weight of a full grown dragon, or at least the cheap plastic ones which is what you'd find at a store. Dragons claws can also get caught in them.

I believe theres other hammocks available and i honestly may start looking into the other kind to see what i can do for my 75 gallons once i get them eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom