basking spot help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

susan1919

I got the exo-terra 36-18-18 enclosure yesterday..Went to Lowes and they cut my tiles for the flooring today. I made a mistake in the measurments and there about an inch across the back not covered. Will this be a problem for my b/d? I have the correct uvb bulb and i bought a hundred watt bright house bulb to try out for the basking light..I went to every petstore today and no luck finding something to use as a basking spot..Either to tall or to short and narrow..I think i need it about 10 or 11 inches from the uvb light and not exactly sure how far yet from the basking light which i am not sure on how to make it a different distance between the two lights since they have to sit ontop of the mesh cover..any ideas for something i could use for a basking spot? if i go outside and cut a tree limb do i strip all the bark off? I have been using the paver blocks but inorder to get it high enough i think that would be way to heavy ..They are only 2 inches high..I looked on amazon at the different pieces of wood but i didn't see anything i though was high enough..I am so excited to get things up and running so my baby can finally be in his new bigger home...Thanks for all your help...Susan

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
A hammock might be just want you need. It attaches to the glass walls of the terrarium with suction cups, so you can adjust the height to get the right temps. Also, I have yet to meet a bearded dragon who doesn't love their hammock: https://www.amazon.com/Penn-Plax-Lounger-Seagrass-Triangular/dp/B013T6XPVC/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_199_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=4DHBK51JAXWGXZFFDF5F

Basking temps will need to be between 110-115 if your dragon is younger than 1 year, and between 105-110 if they are older. I recommend measuring this with a temperature gun. They're really accurate and fun to use: https://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Lasergrip-Thermometer-Temperature-Non-contact/dp/B00DMI62HM/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1510852626&sr=1-1&keywords=temp+gun

The gap at the back shouldn't be a problem. It might make cleaning a bit of a pain, but your beardie probably won't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom