Substrate? (New to beardies)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verukapepper

Hi! I have two new bearded dragons (housed seperatley), both young adults. I'm earning a lot about caring for them, including the dangers of using sand as a substrate. Currently I have sand and I want to switch it out for slate tiles.

I was wondering if there was anything I would need to do additionally/differently for the tiles? Or just any advice in general on good substrates? I was thinking of possibly leaving a little of the sand under the tiles to keep them sturdy and maybe help regulate warmth, is this ok to do?

Thank you all for your advice on other questions by the way, I've learned so much from these boards! :D

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Good substrates would basically be Tile, paper towel, shelf liner, basically almost anything non particle.
As for placing the tile in, all i do is have it sitting against the glass of my enclosures, i have tried having sand underneath it once but it got far too messy. Usually the tiles will stay sturdy by themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom