Tiles fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balerion

I switched the sand out to tiles, is that okay?

AiXX2yQ.jpg

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
The tiles look fine, however i would worry about housing two beardies together. They're solitary creatures and honestly it'll just cause problems in the long run. The younger or more docile one will probably not eat as much or at least get bullied around.
Everything may be fine now but trust me it doesn't last, i housed two 5-6 month beardies together in a 55 gallon tank so lots more room than that one, they had their own basking spot, their own place to go and hide but out of the blue one of them bit down on the others head which i then separated immediately.
She didnt do any damage so i was lucky, and she was just a tiny bit smaller than him yet more aggressive, so even the small beardies can bully the larger ones.
However if you still dont want to separate them i'd get a larger tank, 75+ as then it will be easier to not have them so close together all the time and stressed. Of course this wont stop one from hurting the other eventually.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Yes, tiles are a lot better than sand!
I agree I would not house two beardies together. They do best alone and not even looking at another. Its why you see many breeders stack their enclosures because they do not want to stress out other beardies. If it is possible, house each beardie separately and away from each other so they cannot see one another. You could also get one big enclosure and somehow divide in half just remember it needs to be blocked off and the other beardie cannot see each other. Another option is I have seen, you can get a shelf stacker and get individual terrariums for each and stack on each shelf. There are many different ways to go about this. If you are not sure, feel free to ask on here :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom