Am I doing this right??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I am a new bearded dragon owner and I want to make sure I have everything right because this is stressing me out! We just bought our first juvenile beardie on Saturday and my son has named him Spikey Tiberius. I have been on this forum constantly reading and making sure I hopefully set everything up correctly. Temps and humidity have been stressing me the most. The humidity at night is my concern right now. We live in eastern North Carolina so humidity sucks. We are also using a wireless indoor/outdoor digital probe thermometer which I am not sure I am fond of. We leave the probe for an hour and check temps and the temps I post are what it gives us. I am thinking of getting a temperature gun instead though. Anyways I have pics of the setup and this is the bulbs I am using:

UVB: Reptisun 10.0 Flourescent Tube
Basking Light: EXO TERRA 75W Intense Basking spot (we tried halogen floods but it was not getting past 95 degrees and he needed higher :/ )
Middle light: Just a regular white 60w household light. No light on the cool side

Temps on the basking side seem to stay consistent at around 105 degrees
Temps in the middle on the ground hovers around 90 but if he gets on the log it jumps to about 95
Temps on the cool side stay around 75-77
Humidity stays around 35%.

At night the cage gets down to 70-71 but the humidity jumps to almost 60% which I do not like. I am not sure if I should use a CHE at night to keep the humidity down but I wasn't sure if it would warm the tank up too much. He looks like he may be showing early signs of an URI that started last night so I am just stressed out right now. He is doing this weird thing with his throat. He has a vet appt tomorrow to be looked at though :( But first and foremost here is pics of his setup and pics of him by his UVB bulb. I wanted to make sure he isn't too close. If you need any more info from me let me know. I want to make sure my baby is comfortable, healthy, and happy.

95563-8845729506.jpg
95563-5460875086.jpg
95563-6886375579.jpg
95563-4482545522.jpg

stilettokitten84

Original Poster
Thank you so much!!! I am feel I am going to definitely need one for sure in the summer because I am pretty sure the humidity will sky rocket....oh joy lol! :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom