Lighting and Set Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, my current situation with lighting is dismal. Unfortunately, I went to a pet store to get my babies and I was misinformed. I thought I had done enough research but I hadn't.

Anyway, to be brief, I'm going to make a list of the current lighting situation with my babies.
Mister: 40 gallon terrarium
Reptisun 100W basking light (95-100 degrees)
All Living Things coil UVB light (I am aware that this is WRONG)
Sir: 20 gallon terrarium
Reptisun 50w basking light (95-100 degrees)
AllLivingThings coil UVB light

Obviously there are issues with UVB especially. I would like to add that I am constructing a 40 gallon terrarium for Sir. His basking light is lower because I didn't want him to overheat in the smaller terrarium.
I have quite a few things on my shopping list for them and I wanted to come here to verify that they were correct before I went out and bought them.

Mister: Reptisun 10.0 UVB Tube
Reptisun 10.0 UVB Hood
Sir: Reptisun 10.0 UVB Tube
Reptisun 10.0 UVB Hood
Reptisun 100W Basking Light

Is this correct lighting? Also, how would I install the tube and hood INSIDE their terrariums?

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
Looking good! :blob5: You can try using zip ties to attach the fluorescent fixtures to the underside of the screen lids — a lot of people have success with that. You can also use under-counter light fixtures with the plastic cover removed and stick them inside the terrarium with Command velcro strips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom