Would this work for a basking light ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah that should work. You may need a higher wattage if the temps aren't high enough but it's a good place to start. Keep in mind the BR bulbs are bulge reflectors so they will stick out of a standard dome fixture. They are best used while being hung from a fixture or ceiling mount rather than sitting flush on a mesh top. If you don't want the big bulge front, look for PAR bulbs which have parabolic reflectors.

Heroicchip

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1han2us7 said:
Yeah that should work. You may need a higher wattage if the temps aren't high enough but it's a good place to start. Keep in mind the BR bulbs are bulge reflectors so they will stick out of a standard dome fixture. They are best used while being hung from a fixture or ceiling mount rather than sitting flush on a mesh top. If you don't want the big bulge front, look for PAR bulbs which have parabolic reflectors.
thanks for the info. Right now i have it on the lid i didn’t realize it sat on the screen, i do plan on buying a mount but is there any harm caused by keeping it on the screen ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It shouldn't cause harm if the screen is metal (it can withstand the heat) and it's out of reach (to prevent burns) but the rounded end of the bulb may keep the fixture from sitting flush if it's a shallow fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom