Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gtxollie1

I have recently gotten a new vivarium and am just check if the temps are alright. It is a 4ft by 2ft by 2ft wooden Viv. I have a Reptisun 10.0 uvb which I know is fine. The temps in the cool side are around 27°c to 32°c depending on the weather. The basking area temps are between 37°c and 42°c again depending on the outside temperature. The night time temps are very varied çurrently due to it being winter but they are generally around 24°c and 28°c which I'm not to sure about and is My main worry. My girl is just over a year old by around 10 days give or take. Are these temps ok ? Also, at what age do the classes change e.g. baby, juvenile and adult? Thanks

Gtxollie1

Original Poster
I forgot to mention that I use a ceramic heating bulb combined with a micro climate b2 thermostat for the night time temps but am unsure of what to set it at. It is currently set at 27 but have found that it is a few degrees off.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a good range. Overnight you don't need to worry much if temps stay above about 18. I have my thermostat kick the temps up to around 21-22 as needed so you can let that go down a bit if you'd like.

Gtxollie1

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2jn2uxl4 said:
That's a good range. Overnight you don't need to worry much if temps stay above about 18. I have my thermostat kick the temps up to around 21-22 as needed so you can let that go down a bit if you'd like.
Ok, last night I set the temps to 24 at night and it dropped to about 21 but when I woke her up by turning on the lights it took her along time to wake up but this might be because she isn't used to it. Also, if I drop the temps will that not trigger brumation as she is used to A lot higher temps ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They can take a while to warm up in the morning and be a bit grumpy. I set my lights to ramp up around an hour before breakfast to allow for time to warm up a bit then breakfast is under the portable basking lamp in the kitchen while I make my coffee and breakfast.

I don't think the lower overnight temps will trigger brumation. My first two dragons didn't brumate at all under the same setup. My current dragon is brumating but he started when it was still over 32C outside. I'm not sure what triggers brumation but with so many of them going down this season all over the place, I'm guessing it may be barometric or some other more widespread weather trigger vs light timing or temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom