Lighting Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthVaporus

So this may have already been answered but I am wondering. I have UVA/UVB but wanted to brighten up the opposite side of tank.

Wondering if a 5000K/1500lumen/100W LED bulb would provide a nice boost of light for my little guy? (Used in combo with the UVB and UVA lamps)

Thank you in advance for the advice.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
It would probably be fine to use to give some more light. Though usually uvb tube lights go across the whole enclosure depending on size, are you using a coil or compact bulb at the moment or something else? Or is the tank just really big?

DarthVaporus

Original Poster
VenusAndSaturn":2gt3etdm said:
It would probably be fine to use to give some more light. Though usually uvb tube lights go across the whole enclosure depending on size, are you using a coil or compact bulb at the moment or something else? Or is the tank just really big?

Its 30 gal i do believe for the tank, unfortunately yes, the UVB is a coil, UVA is a flood style light I got at pet store (100W). Further research on here is telling me to replace with a tube.

DarthVaporus

Original Poster
I have since posting this I have switched to a tube hood.
Here is a picture of the current setup

ePHwYJF.jpg

d6fss0W.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom